You would have often noticed large refrigerators at grocery stores and other commercial places, well these places have the commercial refrigerators which are different from the ones that we have for personal use. They are more robust and are made for commercial usage. Such systems are prone to rough handling, hence may get damaged so what to do next? Well, there are two ways t: first, you troubleshoot it yourself or second hire a commercial refrigeration service provider. In this blog, we explore some of the common troubleshooting methods of commercial refrigeration.
No Power– This is a common problem that you might face, but it is not necessary that it’s a sign of some major issues check for the following:
- See if the power button is off, if yes, switch it on.
- Broken cord- Another reason could be a broken cord. In such a case, you may need to replace the cord with a new one.
- Tripped circuit or blown fuse- If you don’t have any of the above-mentioned issues interrupting the power supply, the next step is to check if the fuse is blown or there is a tripped circuit.
Too hot– If you feel that the interior part of your refrigeration is warmer than usual, then it could be because of the following:
- Location of the refrigeration– yes, it plays a key role in maintaining the temperature. If you have placed the system closed to the wall, it may lead to poor air circulation thereby increasing the temperature. Try to move it to a place which is airy and well-ventilated.
- Dirty condensers coil– This can be another reason for the rise in temperature. Dirty coils affect the cooling capacity of the refrigerator.
- Ajar door– If you observe that the door of the refrigerator is not being closed properly and there is an obstruction in its closure, it may also lead to a rising in temperature.
Compressor problem– Properly functional compressor is the key to make the commercial refrigeration work properly. In case you notice a clicking or clunky motor sound when the compressor starts working, it is a mark of the failure of the system. Usually, the compressor will make noise, but that’s going to be a humming sound.
Dirt buildup– Yes, this can be one of the reasons for the compressor to fail. Even the manufacturer will recommend cleaning the compressor at thrice a year.
Well, you can do these tasks by yourself, but sometimes, certain problems arise which may demand the assistance of commercial refrigeration service provider. They are experts in this division and know how to get the work done. Here are some tips for hiring a commercial refrigerator service provider:
- Check their experience- Always trust the experience, with it comes to the expertise.
- Workforce- The company must have enough technician to take care of the work and repair.
- Available locally- Always choose a local company so that you don’t have to run haphazardly in case of emergencies.
- Cost comparisons- Make sure that you check the costing of their work before hiring them. Do a cost comparison before making a final call.
While doing all this, don’t hurry in choosing a commercial refrigeration service provider. Since the machine will be used rigorously, it must work efficiently. A professional would be able to provide you the right help.
The above-mentioned troubleshooting tips are good for solving the preliminary problems, but if the problem continues to persist, its time to seek the help of a professional. You can do an online search or even take the help of referrals from your peer.