Concrete cutting and coring are all about sawing, drilling and removal of concrete in a controlled and skilled manner. It is mainly used for decorative purposes. To ensure the success of any concrete cutting and coring task, it is essential to choose the right tools. Today the standard blade used for these purposes is the diamond blade. These blades used nowadays produce very less noise; they are very speed due to the modern techniques and machines.
Some basic steps involved in this process are:
- Lay out the area of concrete that is to be cut.
- By using a hand saw cut up to 4 inches deep.
- When working with concrete that is deeper than 4 inches, use an industrial grade machine.
Apart from the beauty that it adds to the surroundings, concrete cutting and coring has put a stop to the old traditional concrete removal methods.
Some of the Benefits of using this method are discussed below:
- Noise Free and Environment Friendly: Whereas the traditional methods employed for concrete cutting and coring created a lot of noise and dust, the modern technique is extremely noise sensitive and a relatively quiet operation. Apart from this, its ability to produce the least amount of dust makes it very gentle on the environment as well. Modern concrete cutting and coring methods help keep our environment free from any kind of air pollution as well as noise pollution. As now a days some people are very sensitive to dust and do not like loud noise.
- Speed: The conventional technique of concrete cutting and coring involved techniques which consumed a lot of time by standing and cutting through materials. As the modern technology of cutting techniques has advanced, the time and labour required to carry out this task has been reduced. The process has become much more convenient with respect to time and labour.
- Affordable: This is one of the most important benefits of employing modern concrete cutting and coring methods. Traditional methods of concrete cutting required many tools. Since such jobs are done on contract basis, most the times it is the client who needs to provide all the essential equipments to the workers. Another reason for its affordability is the fact that it requires very limited manpower. Hence, it also saves the labour cost for the client.
- Maintains Integrity of the Concrete: Being less messy, modern concrete cutting and coring methods contribute towards maintaining the integrity of remaining the structure by keeping it intact. Traditional concrete removal techniques tend to produce a lot of vibration which gives rise to a risk factor of causing fractures to the whole concrete structure. The newly launched machines have made the cutting process much easier. Such micro fractures can lead to life-threatening issues in the future.
- Meticulousness: Professional concrete cutting lends to a perfect and precise finishing. The concrete cutting and coring systems of today are automatic and include various features for a variety of surfaces. Compared to the traditional methods that happen to create uncontrollable cuts and openings, the modern system allows for superior cutting precision. With such methods you can get straight smooth lines for your concrete constructions. It results in an elegant and better looking professional project.
- Working in Tight Spaces: With traditional large instruments it becomes very difficult for the workers to carry out their work properly in tight spaces. These equipments require a large space to be placed on. It helps them to cover up the tight spaces and help making the whole task more easy and productive for the workers.
Hence, modern concrete cutting and coring materials are an answer to overcome all the short comings of the traditional ones, and enhance the quality and nature of work for the client and also workers.