Surya Namaskar is a type of yoga that you should definitely incorporate into your daily workout routine. It has countless benefits for your mind, body and soul that people from every generation can take advantage of. It stimulates and strengthens your entire body, giving you an active youth and a joyful old age. While there are many different variations of this asana you can try out to increase its effects on you, there are a few guidelines you should follow to get the most out of your time practising Surya Namaskar. Here are 5 Surya Namaskar steps you should follow:
- Focus On Breathing: The breathing pattern you follow while performing the Surya Namaskar steps have the ability to deeply relax your mind. It increases your self-awareness and helps you focus better, so make sure you actively try to break the pattern of thoughts in your mind. With chaos in your mind, it is not possible to allow positive energy and oxygen to enter your body.
- If Possible, Keep A High Count: Surya Namaskar is a great full-body workout, so if possible, try to practice it more than just once every day. Many who enjoy all the health benefits of Surya Namaskar perform it upto 108 times per day. This will quicken your weight loss process along with helping you enjoy the benefits of Surya Namaskar early on after starting.
- Practice Grace: Surya Namaskar is yoga that consists of 12 beautifully linked steps that are supposed to flow gracefully from one to the other. Make sure you maintain this grace when you practice it instead of applying force. The steps should flow with your body gently; this will make it easier to keep a high count. Being able to do this is also a matter of state of mind, so put your mind into it.
- Be Consistent: While you can perform Surya Namaskar steps any time of the day and reap its benefits, it is important to maintain consistency. It’s a great habit to incorporate into your daily routine as it has a ton of health benefits that you can get in on without working too hard, as Surya Namaskar is all about practising it with ease.
- Relax After You Are Done: As Surya Namaskar stimulates and exercises your entire body, make sure you give your body and mind a moment to relax. Taking a few moments of rest after you do Surya Namaskar helps you absorb all of its benefits with high energy.
Check out Cult.Live’s Surya Namaskar live sessions pack to find out whether your methods need some improving. This session consists of the four variations of Surya Namaskar – Sivananda Surya Namaskar, Ashtanga A Surya Namaskar, Ashtanga B Surya Namaskar and Chandra Namaskar, performed by professionals. This pack will greatly help you enjoy the time you spend doing Surya Namaskar, so it’s definitely worth a shot. You can begin your 14 days free trial to put out feelers and continue to enjoy the full benefits of this amazing asana!surya namaskar steps