If you have booked a flight with Spirit Airlines and need to change the name on your ticket, you might be wondering how to go about it. Whether you have made a spelling error or your name has changed legally, there are several options available to you. In this article, we will explore the process of changing your name on a Spirit Airlines ticket and everything you need to know about Spirit name change.
Table of Contents
- Reasons for Name Change on Spirit Airlines Ticket
- Spirit Airlines Name Change Policy
- How to Change Name on Spirit Airlines Ticket
- Option 1: Online Name Change
- Option 2: Name Change through Customer Service
- Option 3: Name Change at Airport
- Fees for Name Change on Spirit Airlines Ticket
- Tips for Changing Name on Spirit Airlines Ticket
Changing your name on a flight ticket can be a daunting task, especially if you are not familiar with the airline’s policies and procedures. Spirit Airlines is no exception, but the good news is that changing your name on a Spirit Airlines ticket is possible, provided you follow the correct process.
Reasons for Name Change on Spirit Airlines Ticket
There can be several reasons why you need to change your name on a Spirit Airlines ticket. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Spelling errors in your name while booking the ticket
- Change of name due to marriage, divorce, or other legal reasons
- Name change due to gender reassignment
- Incorrect title (Mr./Mrs./Miss/Ms.) mentioned on the ticket
Spirit Airlines Name Change Policy
Before you attempt to change your name on a Spirit Airlines ticket, it’s essential to understand the airline’s name change policy. Spirit Airlines allows passengers to make name changes to their tickets, but there are certain conditions to be met:
- The name change should be made at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight.
- The new name should match the name on the government-issued ID that you will be using for travel.
- The name change should not be made to transfer the ticket to someone else.
- The name change should not be made on group reservations, award bookings, or vacation packages.
How to Change Name on Spirit Airlines Ticket
There are three options available to change your name on a Spirit Airlines ticket. Let’s explore them in detail.
Option 1: Online Name Change
If you have booked your ticket on the Spirit Airlines website, you can make a name change online by following these steps:
- Log in to your account on the Spirit Airlines website.
- Go to the ‘My Trips’ section and select the flight for which you want to change the name.
- Click on the ‘Modify Flight’ button and select the ‘Change Name’ option.
- Enter the correct name details and click on ‘Continue.’
- Review the details and confirm the name change.
Option 2: Name Change through Customer Service
If you have booked your ticket through a travel agent or on the phone, you can contact Spirit Airlines’ customer service to make a name change. You can call their customer service number and speak to a representative who will guide you through the process.
Option 3: Name Change at Airport
If you are unable to make a name change online or through customer service, you can also make a name change at the airport. You can visit the Spirit Airlines ticket counter and request a name change. You will need to provide the necessary identification documents and pay any applicable fees.
Thanks for visiting : shvong