Want to keep the intruders away from your bedroom? Curtains and blinds are used to protect the privacy of people from intruders or passerby. Curtains are one of the most important fixtures for the homeowners because curtains offer many seen and unseen benefits. You can get a better night’s sleep if you put curtains over your windows. You can control the temperature in the room using customized curtains. You can get curtains in the different type of colors and patterns to match them with your room’s walls. Although some people think that they are just a piece of fabric. But their benefits are matchless. This article is a short note that will tell you everything about curtains.
Keep Reading to Know More:
Some of the major benefits that are gained by them are:
- They regulate the discomforting sunlight that may enter your home from windows and doors.
- They regulate the temperature of the house and reduce the power bills.
- They give you adequate privacy from prying eyes of neighbors.
- They help in preventing dust.
- They are affordable and easy to maintain.
- Many varieties are available in different fabric, color, and styles.
- You can make your own curtain at home.
- They are great decorative pieces that can enhance the overall look of the home.
- They help in cutting the noise from outside that can create a disturbance.
Types of Curtains:
There are many types of curtains that can improve your house and make you feel comfortable:
- Box pleated curtains
- Cased heading curtains
- Rod pocket curtains
- Pinch pleated curtains
- Eyelet curtains
- Tailored pleat curtains
- Goblet pleat curtains
- Tab top curtains
- Sheer curtains
- 10. Pelmets and Valances
- 11. Hanging curtains
There are various forms of fabrics available for the curtains some of them are:
- Silk and raw silk
- Velvet curtain
- Lace curtain
- Thermal curtains
- Blackout curtains
Cleaning the curtains is a delicate work and has to be done with carefulness. Because they provide us with many benefits you should give them the ideal care.
Here Are Few Tips That Should Be Kept in Mind Before You Start Cleaning Them:
- You should be well informed about the material of the curtain that has been used in making them as the treatment will depend on the same.
- You can shake the thick curtain or draperies by so that dust is not accumulated in the fiber.
- Vacuuming the curtains occasionally is perfect to keep them well maintained.
- Lightweight sheered curtains can be washed
- Before washing you should check if they are labeled as washable or not.
- If they are to be cleaned and you wash them instead they may lose shine, shrink or get loosen.
- Glass draperies should not be machine washed or dry clean. They require a hand wash.
- Ensure to remove the hooks rings and other hardware before washing.
- Some can be washed in machine fit is recommended.
- You can hire a company that specializes in treating curtains.
- Cotton fabric can be machine washed
- The woolen curtain should be a dry cleaner.
- Silk will be ruined in machine washing
- It is important to clean them every 3 months.
- Steaming is better for them ten ironing.
- Use lined window treatment to protect them from direct sun and dust
- Most of the fabric requires gentle soaps for washing.
- It is advisable to dry clean sheer curtains.
There are many varieties and each one will bring a unique style, beauty, and comfort to your home. You should buy the material that is easy to maintain and wash. This will increase your comfort. If you can’t take care to hire the agency that can help you out in the same. If you will take proper care your curtains will be there with you for a long.