Alcohol is not recommendable during any disease by any doctor. And especially with the kind of modern life styles we chose to have doctors are very much against the idea of alcohol consumption while a woman is pregnant. Alcohol and pregnancy do not go hand in hand. Doctors do not recommend it both for the mother and the child too. Drinking alcohol at any time during pregnancy can cause serious health problems for your baby which is why you are to stay away from it while you are pregnant.
Know more about how does drinking alcohol during pregnancy affect your baby’s health?
- So basically First and foremost what you should remember that there is no safe time to drink alcohol during pregnancy. Alcohol can cause problems for your baby any time during pregnancy, even before you know that you are pregnant. You can consult your doctor or any other gyne that you are comfortable with. The answer will probably be the same.
- Secondly the main reason why doctors do not recommend Alcohol while a woman is pregnant is because Alcohol includes wine, wine coolers, beer and liquor. And when you drink alcohol during pregnancy, the alcohol in your blood quickly passes through the placenta and the umbilical cord to your baby. And that can cause some serious issues to both the mother and the child inside the mother’s womb.
- And so thirdly we can decipher that drinking any amount of alcohol at any time during pregnancy can harm your baby’s developing brain and other organs. No amount of alcohol has been proven safe at any time during pregnancy. And this is said by most of the doctors for a woman who is pregnant because during delivery too it can cause a lot of trouble. Even after pregnancy at least for a few months it is supposed to be avoided because you are on breastfeeding the child.
- Fourthly Alcohol is not recommended because is said that in a lot of cases it causes premature birth.This is when your baby is born before 37 weeks of pregnancy. Premature babies may have serious health problems at birth and later in life and so it is suggested that you should avoid Alcohol during pregnancy.
- Also in a lot of cases it is also said to cause Brain damage and problems with growth and development. Birth defects, like heart defects, hearing problems or vision problems. Birth defects are health conditions that are present at birth. Birth
So basically if you are pregnant or you are trying to get pregnant or think you may be pregnant it is highly advisable that you should stay a miles away from drinking alcohol. You can talk to your doctors and ask them to prescribe you the right ways and medications during pregnancy. So being a sensible mother you are suppose to consult your doctor and see what he or she has to say and follow their advise especially during pregnancy. A mistake can be too much to bear the consequences for it throughout time.