Your kitchen is the place in your house that should be kept with utmost cleanliness. A clean kitchen is a matter of health, cleanliness, and happiness for your family. Since there is a chance of having leftover food and dishes to be washed in your kitchen always, pests can always find their way to your kitchen. So, here is a guide on how to keep pests out of your kitchen.
What are The Common Pests in Your Kitchen?
The common pests that invade your kitchen include roaches or cockroaches, ants, rats or mice, house flies, and fruit flies. Some of these pests will eat your food and poison it too. Rat urine is poisonous. Other pests like roaches, house flies, and fruit flies can cause infections and diseases to your family members. So, a clean kitchen is not just a matter of hygiene, it is a matter of health and safety of your family. So don’t wait until things get worse, always reach out the pest control experts to make your kitchen free from pests.
Why do pests take refuge in the kitchen more than other places in the house?
Pests prefer to live in the kitchen than in other areas of the house. This is because the kitchen provides everything that they need to survive. The kitchen will have many appliances, cupboards, utensils, sinks, ovens, etc which give them the perfect place to hide from humans. The kitchen is a wet area in the house and it will have moisture throughout the day. Pests like damp places. It is also one of the dark places in the house. Pests love dark and damp places and kitchens have a lot of those places for them to live in. Last but not the least, pests can find food to eat in the kitchen. So, for pests, the kitchen is the ideal place to live.
How to Get Rid Of Pests from Your Kitchen?
The best way to get rid of pests is to deprive these pests of what they need to survive. That includes food, water, and other living conditions.
- Make sure that you always close the plates in which food is kept. Never leave food open in the kitchen. Make sure that you have a lid over all the food you ever take out and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Roaches can survive in refrigerators and ovens. So, try to kill as many as you can use an eco-friendly roach killer or lay traps. If you have kids or pets at home, be careful about what pesticides you use.
- Make sure that you always treat the food waste carefully. Take out your bins and never leave them out in the open.
- Do not keep rotten food in the kitchen as it can attract fruit flies and house flies. Leave half a lemon cut on the countertop to repel them.
- Wash all the plates as soon as you eat and never leave them in the sink for a long time.
To Sum Up
To get rid of pests from your kitchen, clean your kitchen regularly and thoroughly. This includes every part of it, the refrigerator, dishwasher, oven, and cupboards. You can get professional pest control experts to treat any pest problem that goes out of hand.