What is CPC and why increasing it makes more money :-
Most people rarely think about reading up on ads before they install AdSense on their website. It is only after they find out that it’s not really as profitable as they thought, then they start reading lots of different articles on how to work with AdSense. Running ads on your website can be profitable but only if done the right way, and to learn how to do that, one must do their obligatory reading. How can thinking like an offline data entry services help you increase your AdSense revenue? analyze adsense cpc like a stock.
One of the crucial ways to get more money out of your ads is to explore the subject of CPC. You’ve probably heard people say “increase your CPC” as an advice. But what does that even mean ?
CPC stands for Cost-per-click, and it is defined in the Google glossary as “the amount you earn each time a user clicks on your ad.” The moment each and every one of us hears that sentence, our first question is “Ok then, what determines CPC?” The shortest answer to that is … the advertisers. To answer the question more thoroughly – advertisers pick certain criteria for where their ads will display. They then bid more money on certain keywords and certain parameters of these ads, increasing the cost of each click. Seeing CPC from the advertiser’s perspective will allow us to explore the subject of what we, the blog owners, can do to get ads which give us more money when clicked.
Steps to increase CPC
As promised, we will take into consideration what’s in it for advertisers that they need to pay more money. The question can be answered simply – ads need to be placed somewhere where they could be found by users who are looking for something similar, or the very same thing. Thus relevance becomes crucial to advertising with AdSense. There are many things that define relevance, however, and we’re going to explore the steps to increasing your CPC , with them in mind.
So without further ado, the steps:
- Pick keywords you target carefully, according to their ads’ price. The competition for certain keywords is definitely bigger than for others. Providing content for such keywords forces AdSense to display ads related to those high-paying keywords, and in turn guarantees that you’ll get quite a lot per user click. If you want to find such keywords, you can use various different tools , from AdWords by Google, to programs like Market Samurai. These are called keyword research tools and will help you find which keywords pay best.
- Display fewer ads. Displaying more ads is generally recommended if you run a website with the idea of many people clicking low-paying, low-CPC ads. But if your goal is for the ad to stick out, you should lower the number of ads on your page. By default, the ad with the highest bid will be displayed first, so if you only leave it and one more, instead of having 5 or 6 ads per segment, this increases the chance of getting more money.
- Enable placement targeting. This allows users on Google AdWords (the advertisers in question) to hand-pick lucrative positions on your website and place their ads specifically where they want them. That’s a high-cost service, and is sure to generate a higher CPC than regular ads, because it allows for advertisers to place their link wherever they want on your website. This is extremely helpful if you’re running a distinguished site with a higher Page Rank, which leads us to the next step.
- Take every measure to increase your Page Rank. The Page Rank is a metric introduced by Google , to roughly estimate the value of your site. The higher the Page Rank, the better and high-cost ads you’ll get from AdSense. This proportion is also true for domain age, but there’s little you can do if your domain is young, besides waiting. On the other hand , if you have an old site which you ran without ads, now’s the time to place them.
- Get more traffic. Traffic influences not only the fact that more people click on ads, but also the fact that you’ll get higher paying ads, due to higher publisher bids for more visited websites. Keep that in mind and try to increase your traffic accordingly.
AdSense is a great way to make money, but it’s definitely not effortless. Few can manage to make a living out of it without any special efforts. So give your best, and good luck with the results!
Patricia Dolan is Senior Content Strategist at Business Promoted, a leading digital marketing firm based in Sarasota, Florida. Patricia received her BS degree in mass communication from University of Virginia. She is avid reader and basket ball player.