Businesses can flourish only if they continually generate quality leads that convert into customers. However, not all leads are of high quality. Only some of them have a better prospect of buying from you. So, to be cost-effective and productive in your lead generation efforts, your strategy should focus on maximizing the generation of quality leads.
In this blog, we’ll discuss some of the best tips to help you in bringing in quality leads.
9 Best Tips for Your Business to Generate Quality Leads
Here are some proven techniques to help you generate high-quality leads in 2022 and beyond.
1. Content Marketing
Content marketing is an ideal way to generate quality leads. It involves creating and publishing content in your niche. It works by creating trust and establishing you as an authority in your industry. There are a variety of content formats to choose from. These include-
- Press Releases
- PowerPoint presentations
- Social media posts
- White Papers
- Case Studies
Get good quality content pieces in one or more of the above-mentioned formats created and distributed consistently. You can post these on your website as well as relevant guest posting sites, your social media pages, and more. All these will help you generate quality leads.
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is nothing but optimizing your site for popular search engines so that your website ranks higher in their search engine result pages (SERPs). This technique helps in bringing in quality leads by letting prospects find your site on the first pages of the search engine results. For optimizing your site for the search engines, practice the following-
- Write interesting and useful content that would be helpful to your audience.
- Find out the phrases and wordings that internet users use to search for offerings in your niche. Incorporate these optimally in your content pieces.
- Link from your site to other sites. A
- Get valuable backlinks from reputed sites in your niche.
- Make your site fast-loading.
- Optimize your pages for “People Also Ask” to help your pages appear prominently in SERPs.
3. Use social media
Today, brands and businesses extensively use social media to attract leads and nurture prospects. You can employ a lot of techniques to use social media for these purposes. Here are some of those-
- Share information, content, and special offers on social media.
- Get active on social media chat platforms and diligently answer questions posted there.
- Make use of the targeted advertising services on social media networks to increase your visibility to specific audiences.
- Run contests and sweepstakes.
- Host a live video conference.
4. Use marketing automation
Marketing automation can simplify the generation of quality leads via automated workflows. You can set the software to deliver the right content to the right person at the right time. For, it will be triggered to send out specific content when a lead’s behavior matches a certain pre-set rule.
For instance, if a lead visits one of your blogs or clicks through a particular link in an email, an invitation to your webinar is sent out to him/her. You can customize workflows as multi-tiered and complex as you need them to be. This would save you a lot of time that would otherwise be spent on following up leads.
Further, automation also assists you in keeping track of your sales performance by recording activities, expenses, and engagement points across every lead profile on your database.
5. Involve in email marketing
If you consider email to be an outdated marketing channel, you’re entirely wrong. It may be old but it isn’t obsolete. In fact, studies report it to be one of the most preferred mediums for online lead generation. Here are some ways to generate quality leads through email marketing.
- Score your lead to know how qualified they are. Direct your nurturing efforts based on this.
- Create short, simple, clean, and well-spaced email messages.
- Be creative while writing your email’s subject lines. It should stimulate curiosity and urgency to click open.
- Have a clear and compelling CTA in your email. For instance, “Shop now”, “Try for free”, “Get the discount”, “Book now- Only 5 spots left”, etc.
6. Make use of review platforms
Nowadays, review sites are the go-to destinations for people looking for authentic information about brands and businesses. There’s at least one popular platform for reviews, search, and discovery. For instance, Yelp for the food industry, TripAdvisor for the hospitality industry, Capterra for the software industry, and Glassdoor for the job search industry.
Review platforms are entirely user-driven. So, get all of your users to review your brand and its offerings there. If your products/services are delightful to your customers, many of them will be more than ready to leave reviews upon request. Some others will do it for an incentive, such as a discount or feature upgrade.
And if ever you receive negative reviews, be prompt in responding to those and fixing issues mentioned therein.
7. Have short text on landing pages
Too much text on landing pages can be detrimental to lead generation. For, these can turn off prospective leads. People only glance through write-ups on your landing pages to see how they’ll benefit from it. So, when you have less text there, they’ll be able to skim through fast and would more likely take a favorable action.
So, make sure that the text is short and informative. Have paragraph breaks, leave adequate white space, and use bullet points to promote readability. Highlight benefits by making related text bold or turning it to a different color. Also, include compelling and relevant images to attract the lead’s attention.
8. A/B test periodically
Often businesses tend to assume that their lead generation is completely perfect. However, they shouldn’t. Keep monitoring your lead generation strategy continually and make minor modifications to it to match consumer trends and market shifts. This way, you’ll stay ahead of the curve. A/B testing can help you in this regard. You can generate quality leads by finding the best working versions of various marketing components through A/B testing.
Here are some ideas.
- A/B test your value proposition to screen out the option that best persuades visitors to become customers.
- A/B test your website’s layout to know what works best for your audience.
- A/B test the wordings on your headlines to identify what captures your visitors’ attention and leads to increased conversions
- A/B test the ideal number of fields on your lead generation forms, the placement of these forms, the images on your site, your CTAs, and more.
9. Video Marketing
With the ever-slipping attention spans among humans, businesses need to employ some means of quickly and easily conveying information. Videos can have your audience glued to their mobile phone or desktop screens. Using video marketing can engage potential leads more engaged than a long, well-written whitepaper on the same subject.
Videos can take shapes such as product demos, instructional content, sales, and promo content, team member interviews, company culture show-offs, thank you content, cute animations, and more.
In this blog, we’ve discussed nine valuable tips to help brands and businesses generate quality leads. Do make use of them to keep a constant inflow of new leads. We wish you all success in your endeavors.