Concrete is usually coated with concrete sealers to protect it from surface damage, corrosion, and straining. Concrete sealing creates a protective barrier over the concrete surface to stave off water or salt absorption. The damp-proof layer that is created by the concrete sealing ensure that materials like water or salt don’t pass through the concrete and damage it gradually. Moisture retention, joint filling and taking good control of the floor becomes mandatory when you go for hiring concrete sealing specialists for the floor.
What are the five key benefits of using concrete sealers?
- Doesn’t allow mold to deliver: When you are coating your concrete with concrete sealers, they inhibit mold. Concrete is usually porous which absorbs moisture. Things got worse when that moisture refuses to dry up. In fact, when your concrete is moist for an extended period of time, it can start developing green discoloration too.
- It adds to the life of your concrete: Your exterior concrete falls prey to cracking, scaling or other concrete problems. However, when you add a protective layer over it, you can hinder that damage. Concrete sealer is your go-to if you want to make your concrete look great forever.
- Concrete sealers enhance concrete’s durability: Averagely, a concrete driveway is likely to last for 25-30 years but it can suffer from discoloration or cracking. The wear and tear of the environment and time rip your concrete off its glamour. When you use tropical or integral sealers, you are enhancing the life of your concrete.
- It enhances the color of your concrete: When you are coating your concrete with concrete sealers, you are making sure that the concrete keeps looking as sharp for a long period of time. It also prevents discoloration. You can experiment with decorative concrete floor polishing and sanding along with the execution of colorbond structures and designs on the floor.
How is concrete sealing done?
Concrete sealers will make your concrete unaffected by weather exposure, water, grease and oil stains. Furthermore, Concrete sealers also help protect your concrete from abrasion and deicing salts. When you are applying a coat on your concrete, you are keeping the natural beauty of the same intact. One needs to be familiar with the right application tools and how to prepare the surface like a pro.
Below are the ways to seal the concrete in steps:
- Make sure to remove oil, grease, stains, dirt, and dust from the surface of the concrete.
- Remove any existing sealer from the surface
- Prepare the concrete by applying an etching solution
- Apply a thin coat of sealer using a roller or a sprayer
- Let the first layer of sealer to dry completely
- Start applying the second coat from the opposite direction
- Wait for the sealer to dry completely before walking or driving on your concrete.
What is the best time to undertake the concrete sealing procedure?
Refrain from applying sealer on your concrete when it is new since applying sealer on damp concrete could cause haziness and loss of adhesion. Allow your concrete to come to a completely dry state before sealing it. Wait for least 28 days after the installation of your concrete to initiate the concrete sealing procedure.
If you contact a high quality and certified company for the concrete sealants, then they will come to your home, inspect your floors and then discuss the entire project with you to get an idea about how to renovate your home or building with high-quality concrete sealants.