In this era of technological and medical advancement, we are still not able to find cures for various diseases. The one disease that has baffled doctors and researchers all around the world is HIV AIDS. Even they have found ways to cure Cancer but still up today HIV AIDS is a mystery which is yet to be solved.
But as it is said that prevention is better than a cure for all diseases; so HIV AIDS can also be stopped from spreading. One way is by adult circumcision surgery. Although there are other ways it is not yet confirmed whether they have a positive effect on HIV AIDS, whereas, circumcision has shown effective results.
The Risk of HIV AIDS:
AIDS also are known as Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome is a lifelong disease which is life-threatening, caused by Human Immunodeficiency Virus HIV. This is a deadly virus that attacks the immune system that leaves the body venerable to other diseases.
The disease AIDS doesn’t transfer from one person to the other but the virus HIV can be transmitted. No cure has been developed yet but medications can slow down the process in those who have caught it.
What are the Causes?
The origin of the virus is unknown but it has been confirmed that it was transferred into a human when they came into contact with non-human primates. But from there onwards it spread throughout the world. There are several causes of the transmission of this disease in humans, a few major ones are;
- When people started having unprotected sex then there is a big chance that AIDS virus can be transferred to the other person, especially female.
- The infected mother is more likely to give birth to a baby having HIV virus.
- Breastfeeding mothers can also transmit the disease because only fluids in the body contain the virus.
- The affected blood transfusion is a major cause of AIDS. But keep in mind that AIDS is not transferred through saliva, urine of sweat.
- Drug addicts are at very high risk of having the HIV virus because a single needle is used by many drug addicts and if one is infected with the disease then all might get contaminated.
Know the Symptoms:
There are two types of symptoms that can be seen in patients; one Primary infection (Acute HIV) and the other Clinical latent infection (Chronic HIV). With little difference both show the following signs;
Acute HIV (Primary infection)
- Pain in the joints ad muscles
- Swollen lymph glands on the neck
- Sore throat and painful mouth sores
Chronic HIV / Clinical latent infection
- Weight loss
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Shingles (herpes zoster)
- Oral yeast infection
If you want further insight on how circumcision can reduce the risk of HIV AIDS then you can visit any clinic like Circumcision Center to have further information.
Development of other Diseases:
When the HIV virus attacks the patient, it weakens the whole immunity system. So it is a very high possibility that other diseases and infections attack the body. Even the common cold can be deadly because the immunity system can’t respond properly and loses the ability to fight back. So a patient with HIV AIDS can develop the following diseases;
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Kaposi’s sarcoma
- Cryptococcal meningitis
- Neurological complications
- Wasting syndrome
- Kidney disease
Adult Circumcision Surgery and HIV AIDS:
As discussed above that no cure has been developed for HIV AIDS but much prevention can be taken to reduce the risk of further spreading as well as having it at all. One way is to have circumcision surgery for adults which are the most effective way of lowering the contamination rate. This surgery cuts the access skin covering the penis which not only diminishes the dangers of HIV AIDS but also provides other benefits. Circumcision surgery helps in reducing HIV by the following ways;
- If the foreskin inside the penis has tears then it most likely that the virus can pass into another person. Circumcision cuts the extra or damaged skin that can be a major cause of HIV.
- The virus of HIV survives longer under the skin so cutting the skin will not allow the virus to grow further.
- The ulcers and sores can also be a very serious facilitator of the virus but circumcision reduces the causes of sores and infection.
It is hoped that the above-mentioned discussion will help in understanding the seriousness of HIV AIDS and how to avoid it in many ways, adult circumcision surgery being one of the solutions. Although, it can’t be cured yet precautions can reduce the rate of spreading.