The State Bank of India’s YONO (You Only Need One) mobile app for android andiOS platforms, is a one-stop place for accessing internet banking, insurance, investment, and fulfilling all your lifestyle and shopping needs. It is a digital banking app by SBI, which allows you to apply for loans (home loans, auto loans etc), shop online, and open a savings account instantly.
The app offers integrated financial products such as SBI Caps, SBI General, SBI Life, SBI Cards, and SBI Mutual Funds. It helps you keep a track of spending and does a dynamic spending analysis. You can utilize this app for fund transfers and take a loan/overdraft against fixed deposits. The application also includes deals and offers from more than 60 e-commerce players.
From Where Should You Download the SBI YONO App?
You can download this app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store depending on your device being Android or iOScompatible.
How to Register on SBI YONO App?
- Log into the app. To register, use the internet banking option. Enter your SBI account details such as ATM card number, PIN, and click on ‘Submit’.
- In case you opt for internet banking, then you have to enter your internet banking username and password.
- Accept the terms and conditions to provide consent of using MPIN. Click ‘Next’.
- After choosing an MPIN, enter the same. You will receive an OTP on your mobile number. Click ‘Next’ after entering this OTP on the app.
- You will be successfully registered on the app and can explore all its features.
NOTE: SBI Customers can register on the app with the help of their SBI online banking login credentials. During the next login, you can utilize the login user ID or an MPIN instead to login.
How to Open an Account via the YONO App?
- Log into the app and click ‘Open New Digital Account’. You can select either ‘Digital Savings Account’ or ‘Insta Savings Account’, depending on the account you wish to open.
NOTE: A Digital Savings Account asks for a single branch visit is required. You will get a free personal accident insurance and a personalized platinum debit card. An Insta Savings Account allows for an instant account opening. You will be eligible for a Rupay Debit Card and can maintain an aggregate balance of up to Rs. 1 lakh, and make annual transactions up to Rs. 2 lakhs.
- After selecting an account type, click ‘Apply Now’.
- Click ‘Apply New’ to read the product details, and click ‘Next’.
- Be prepared with your PAN card and Aadhaar card Enter your mobile number, email id, and referral code (optional).
How to Send Money via SBI YONO App?
- Log into the app and access the home screen to click ‘Fund Transfer’.
- Choose a beneficiary and enter details. Also, enter the transaction amount.
- Using an MPIN to authenticate the transaction.
NOTE: To add a new beneficiary, you will require the SBI IFSC of the beneficiary’s bank branch, which can be accessed on SBI’s and RBI’s official website.
How to Link an SBI Credit Card with the YONO App?
You can apply for a card on the app by accessing the ‘SBI Credit Card’ section. Select ‘Browse Card’ and choose the card that you wish to apply for. To find out if you are eligible for a credit card, you can go to the section, ‘help me find the perfect card’.You can also pay credit card bill by visiting the ‘My Credit Cards’ section.
Now, you can even link a card to the YONO App, and the steps for the same are given below.
- Log in to the App and access the credit card section.
- Click ‘Link SBI Credit Card’.
- Enter your username and password. Click ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP received. The SBI credit card will successfully link with the app.
- Similarly, you can use the ‘Delink SBI Credit Card’ option on the app to delink any linked SBI credit card with the app.
NOTE: In case of a dispute, you can call the helpline number 39 020202 or 1860 180 1290, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any dispute related to credit cards should be reported within 70 days from the date of statement’s issue.
How to Check SBI Reward Points on the YONO App?
You can earn reward points on your SBI credit card. The number of such points depends on the card type you hold and the number of transactions done with that card.
- You can check out the app to note the reward point balance, by accessing the credit card section.
- From the reward section, you can browse the reward catalogue to redeem the points.
- These points have a validity of 24 months, from the date of earning them. It is not possible to redeem the reward points once you close the SBI Card.
The State Bank of India’s You Only Need One App is a revolutionary mobile app in the online banking and financial service space, which allows doing a lot more than simple banking. It also syncs in online shopping and taxi bookings. In the future, the app may bring in additional features/services, and become a more holistic financial cum lifestyle app for everyone and everybody.