There are several types of project management software available, but at the end of the day, project management software is all about verifying and delegating based on the needs of each team inside your business. The aim remains the same regardless of team size: give projects to team members, track progress, delegate as required, and accomplish outcomes.
Given the variety of organizations, it’s not surprising that there are a myriad of project management tools, which may make the decision process daunting. There is software developed particularly for organizations of various sizes, ranging from SMBs to huge enterprises, as well as software that is available online via cloud or on-premises services, and yet another with extra integrations into current software.
Making the incorrect decision may be irritating and ultimately cost your team money. Making the correct decision, on the other hand, may propel your company to new heights. We’ll go through the top project management software alternatives, what makes them fantastic and worthwhile to consider, best practices, and how each fits into large company structures. as well as various styles
10 Best Project Management Tools for Small Business Owners
Trello is a reviving and moderate way to deal with a project board. It doesn’t have any of the staggering highlights that require broad examination and responsibility. Trello took the idea of the Kanban board that aids in organizing tasks and project flow with cards.
The free Trello plan is very acceptable, with a constraint just on the number of cards and the size of connections and not on the number of clients! For the vast majority, stop, albeit premium plans start at $10 for every client each month. In case you’re a little group (or even a solitary individual!) Whose undertakings don’t should be completely arranged out, Trello is a fun and powerful alternative!
Zumvu is an online marketing platform that caters to all your promotion and marketing needs. From lead generation to sales, scheduling to customer management, content marketing, SEO to social media automation – this platform is a complete solution for any business.
If you are looking to grow your brand and boost your engagement, Zumvu offers the following key features:
- Scheduling and publishing content to different channels – blog, social media, etc
- Auto post content to your social media channels
- Lead generation, customer onboarding and subscriber acquisition forms
- Built-in SEO tools to optimize your search visibility and improve your organic traffic
- Integrate with Google Analytics
Asana is a broadly useful undertaking the executive’s device that underscores speed and instinct. We say speed since Asana is an incredible illustration of a very much planned single-page application. Everything happens quickly when you click, which is so helpful while getting things done in a hurry (under tension).
Here is a portion of the striking highlights of Asana:
- Responsibility: Jobs are a visual rundown of what your colleagues have on their plate. That way, you can know initially whether your advertising, plan, and design groups will actually want to work together on this key item change booked for the following month.
- Visual Timetables: Undertaking schedules in Asana are outwardly created and extremely incredible. They permit you to effectively design a task and outwardly see where it is.
- Schedule: The Asana Schedule is associated with the entirety of your undertakings and arranging and can uncover how the group schedule is stacked. This is the spot to go assuming you need to ensure the schedule isn’t out of sync or simply getting interfered with.
- Image Sealing: This is only an extravagant term, yet the usefulness behind it is incredible – it permits commentators to add remarks to various pieces of a picture. This is priceless for configuration groups, as gathering criticism without explicit visual references will in general be a bad dream.
The fundamental adaptation of Asana is free and has a limitation of 15 members. In the event that you need to add more individuals or need admittance to cutting-edge highlights like administrator console, picture sealing, and so on, estimating begins at $10 for each client each month.
Filecamp is digital marketing asset management software where you can securely store and share all your marketing assets.
an open-source project that is currently being developed by Basecamp. Despite the fact that premium plans are available, the free version includes a plethora of features. The password manager plus time monitoring stand out among the standard features. The number of employees is infinite, and rights are meticulously managed. The overview, on the other hand, is only available to paying customers, as is the interface with Google Drive, the creation of Gantt charts, and the usage of the CRM tool.
Monday can assist you with your basic projects and large portfolios when you need a project management platform. Take your project management to the next level with configurable tools that allow you to execute plans, create them, and submit your best work. Monday enables you to successfully collaborate with your coworkers and bring them all together on a single, shared platform. You may include them more, speed up project development, and break down communication obstacles this way.
With up-to-date, real-time data on each member’s current capacity, you can keep track of their workload and decide how to best distribute resources. You can use that time to do more original content while also minimizing rework. It is not limited to a single style; you will receive various designs for various tasks and will be able to pick and select which ones you prefer.
Podium is the next product on our list, a robust offering for large teams and enterprises that require personalization and CRM functionality. Here are some reasons to use this tool:
- Unlike many of its competitors, this tool offers a wide range of customization possibilities. This not only allows you to change how the modules work but also allows you to remove sections that are irrelevant to you.
- Podium CRM includes customer data management, user experience monitoring, lead monitoring, and several other CRM features.
- Employee Management: Podium’s employee management features are second to none, allowing you to keep track of spending, vacations, activity streams, and more all in one location.
- Collaboration with clients, tying emails to tasks, granular access rights, designing Scrum projects, and organizing sprints are all covered in project management.
The list goes on and on: event management, email management, business management, and so on.
Podium provides a free plan, however, it simply allows you to manage tasks. To be honest, the only reason to utilize the basic plan is to get a feel for the rig. The paid levels, which range from $9 to $24 per user every month, unlock attractive features.
Base Camp has a lengthy history in the project management industry. Since its inception in 2004, it has kept faithful to its ideal of simplicity and clarity. These are the people behind the hugely successful Ruby on Rails web framework, so we’d guess they know a thing or two about making things easy to use.
Basecamp offers the expected Teams, Projects, Tasks, and so on, but there are a few extra nice things we’d like to point out:
- Real-time chat: If you’re using Basecamp to manage real-time communication, there’s no need to switch between it and chat service. All of the features we’ve come to expect from chat programs these days are available in group chats: @mentions, media attachments, emojis, and more features are available.
- Client Access: Basecamp allows you to connect and collaborate with your clients directly on your projects (with complete control over what they see and don’t see). Existing client emails may be forwarded to Basecamp, and deliverables can be seen, debated, and authorized directly from Basecamp.
- To-do lists: To-do lists will always have a place in project management, no matter how sophisticated the tools are. There are so many situations when everyone involved understands the work and all we need is a ‘fast and dirty’ means to keep track of it. To-do lists are quite useful in Basecamp since they automatically send reminders and notifications, so you don’t have to ask anyone for progress updates.
- Bulletin Boards: Extremely useful talks can be formed – and lost – when brainstorming or publicizing. You can turn these messages into a bulletin board in Basecamp, where your team may discuss, respond, and attach files.
- Documents and Files: Basecamp does a good job with document and file management. Versioning is applied to all downloaded and saved projects, as well as changed files. Google Docs may be shared and modified directly in Basecamp.
Basecamp is a delightful solution that makes sense for teams of any size with generic and straightforward needs. Yes, Basecamp isn’t a great platform for executing highly specialized tasks (like designing agile software), and the firm admits as much.
The finest element is arguably the pricing: Basecamp is a no-brainer in its sector at a fixed price of $ 99 per month (yes, regardless of team size!).
Airtable is the most interesting advancement in project management software during recent years in terms of sheer innovation. Airtable could be compared to steroid charts, and the business itself defines it like such, but we believe that perspective undersells the tool’s possibilities.
It’s as simple as a spreadsheet, but with visual task segregation, instantly distinguishable colored tags, the option to delegate tasks to individuals, notifications, and much more.
Blocks, which are compact, thorough, and specialized modules that you can add to your processes to boost productivity, are another fascinating feature. The goal is that these blocks are functional and may be used in a variety of jobs and workflows.
ProjeQtor is a free and open source project management application. Collaboration is central to the design of this free project management software, which is now adaptable to a wide range of tasks.
Users have access to two tiers of extremely broad functionality. The key ones are resource management, contingencies, bug tracking, and, of course, planning. Additional features include, but are not limited to, cost, quality, and risk management. ProjeQtor proved to be plentiful. As a result, project managers who are already experienced with the usage of project management tools are more prepared to handle it. It must be installed.
10. Zoho Project
Zoho Projects is among the numerous services provided by Zoho, a firm with which you may be familiar. Consider Zoho Projects to be a good amalgamation of all the features we’ve discussed thus far.
Milestones, Gantt charts, bug tracking, document management, timesheets, connectivity with popular apps, finances, forums, and much more are just a few of the features available. For up to ten users, the basic plan is free; after that, the app will charge between $ 20 and $ 35 per month (note: this is a fixed monthly cost, not per user).
On its own, Zoho Projects is a decent choice, but it’s much better if you’re currently using the Zoho Business suite of tools.
It is undeniable that project management tools are essential to the success of a team. With so many options, it can be difficult to decide what’s right for you. This is why this list contains the best tools which in my opinion are the best and quite different from each other. We really hope this helps you focus on the right one!
As a technology and digital marketing enthusiast, Yen Pedrajas loves writing and sharing informative content about Startup marketing, SaaS technology and innovation, and social media marketing. Currently works full time as Lead Editor of Removal.AI. An AI powered photo editor and background remover tool for photography, eCommerce, and web and app development.